- This event has passed.
SIGOPEN 2017 Developmental Workshop for Research on Open Phenomena
December 9, 2017
SIGOPEN 2017 Developmental Workshop for Research on Open Phenomena, collocated with ICIS 2017 (http://icis2017.aisnet.org/) in Seoul, Korea, on December 9th, 2017.
SIGOPEN 2017 Developmental Workshop for Research on Open Phenomena covers the following broad areas:
The Peer Production of Knowledge Goods, e.g.:
* Open source software, hardware, content, and design,
* The Sharing Economy,
* Collaborative Consumption,
* Openness as a driver of innovation, creator of economic activity, and an agent for social well-being.
Collective Intelligence, Action and Resources, e.g.:
* Open innovation and co-creation,
* The wisdom, wealth, and power of crowds,
* Social media in extreme events and social innovation,
* Volunteer computing,
* Crowdsourcing and crowdfunding.
Open Science and Education, e.g.:
* Open data and data management challenges,
* Open publishing, micro-scholarship, and open peer-review,
* Open teaching, learning, and educational resources,
* Citizen Science and Responsible Research and Innovation,
* Barriers and enablers for shared and collaborative scientific research,
* Progressing shared, open science across disciplines.
The focus of the workshop is on research project design and paper development. The SIGOPEN workshop is amenable to new ideas and is open to all interested scholars and professionals who are researching in the area of openness as broadly conceived above. The unique and collegial character of the workshop will help ensure constructive, helpful, and high-quality feedback.
Papers will be presented, and then workshopped in small group discussions in a round-table format. Participants will be expected to read papers beforehand and comment on other papers in their group. The goal is to help move the work forward to research execution and/or publication in other venues.