- This event has passed.
Open Repositories (OR) 2016 Conference
June 13, 2016 - June 16, 2016
The Eleventh International Conference on Open Repositories, OR2016, will be held on June 13th-16th, 2016 in Dublin, Ireland.
As previous Open Repositories have demonstrated, the use of digital repositories to manage research, scholarly and cultural information is well established and increasingly mature. Entering our second decade, we have an opportunity to reflect on where we’ve been and, more importantly, where we’re heading. New development continues apace, and we’ve reached the time when many organizations are exploring expansive connections with larger processes both inside and outside traditional boundaries. Open Repositories 2016 will explore how our rich collections and infrastructure are now an inherent part of contemporary scholarship and research and how they have expanded to touch many aspects of our academic and cultural enterprises.
The theme of OR2016 is “Illuminating the World.” OR2016 will provide an opportunity to explore the ways in which repositories and related infrastructure and processes:
• bring different disciplines, collections, and people to light;
• expose research, scholarship, and collections from developing countries;
• increase openness of collections, software, data and workflows;
• highlight data patterns and user pathways through collections; and
• how we can organize to better support these – and other – infrastructures.