- This event has passed.
Launch Event: Centro STEPS Alternativas Sustentables para AMERICA LATINA
November 5, 2015 - November 6, 2015
Centro STEPS América Latina is an interdisciplinary research group based at the Centro de Investigaciones para la Transformación (CENIT) which is associated with Tres de Febrero University (UNTREF). We work on issues of science, technology and sustainable development in Latin America. We are part of a network of centres located in the UK, USA, China, India, Kenya and Sweden. We want to open up and help renew development agendas in Latin America, based on the idea that their exist diverse development pathways. We draw on numerous experiences in the region that, with varying levels of visibility and influence, seek to promote alternative forms of change. Our research, intervention and communication activities are aimed at supporting development pathways that integrate social inclusion, environmental integrity and economic development.
Centro STEPS Alternativas Sustentables para AMERICA LATINA
Dates: November 5th and 6th 2015
Our launch event will create a space for debate and interaction between policy-makers, academics, civil society organizations, and the public interested in the themes of sustainable development, innovation and inclusion.
The objectives of the event are to:
• Promote discussion between different perspectives on development, inclusion and sustainability.
• Incorporate sustainability as a dimension that cuts across other areas of the analysis of development.
• Discuss policies for sustainable development and explore new processes for formulating policy and intervention.
• Stimulate exchanges between actors with distinctive experiences and knowledge.
• Create a research and action network on alternative technologies for sustainable development from the perspective of the global south.
• Create channels for dialogue between research centres working on sustainable development in different regions of the world.
• Present STEPS América Latina, its areas of research and the global network that it represents in the region.
Areas of discussion
The event will discuss and integrate four themes of enormous relevance to policies for science, technology and sustainable development in the region: open science, innovation for social inclusion, horizontal innovations for sustainability, and natural resources and development.
Tentative workshop program available for download (in English): STEPS Launch event programme 5th-6th November
For more information (in Spanish), visit the STEPS website.