- This event has passed.
CLIVAR Open Science Conference
September 18, 2016 - September 25, 2016
The collective voice and expertise of the international climate community is essential in shaping the international research agenda on the coupled ocean-atmosphere system. The World Climate Research Programme’s (WCRP) Core Project on Climate and Ocean – CLIVAR – invites the international climate community to review the state of the science, to prioritize international research plans and to initiate new collaborations. In September 2016 CLIVAR will hold an Open Science Conference to engage the wider collection of scientists who work in this important area.
The objectives of the CLIVAR Open Science Conference are to
- Review progress toward improved understanding of the dynamics, the interaction, and the predictability of the coupled ocean-atmosphere system
- Shape ideas to meet emerging ocean and climate science challenges
- Engage with the future generation of climate scientists
- Identify key climate research and stakeholder issues
- Develop and strengthen collaborations across nations, disciplines and age groups and promote integrative studies
In addition to the main event, an Early Career Scientists Symposium will take place on the weekends before and after the main Conference.
For regular updates, join the CLIVAR email lists and follow CLIVAR’s Facebook and Twitter feeds.