- This event has passed.
Sci-GaIA Open Science Workshop
November 18, 2015 - November 19, 2015
The Sci-GaIA Open Science Workshop will occur on November 18-19, 2015 in Maputo, Mozambique. The workshop will be organised under the aegis of the European Commission (EC, DG CONNECT) and in association with the UbuntuNet Connect 2015 Conference.
This first Sci-GaIA workshop main objectives are to:
- Strengthen collaboration among African and European scientists;
- Provide a forum for discussions and debates on open science issues;
- Engage key local community stakeholders and reach African policy makers;
- Promote the uptake of Science Gateways and e-Infrastructures in Africa;
- Support African Communities of Practice;
- Create synergies with similar projects and initiatives.
At this scope, the workshop will include the following sessions:
- An opening session honored with the participation of high-level policy makers from Africa and Mozambique in particular and of representatives from UbuntuNet Alliance;
- Two sessions with presentations related to Open Science and Open Data Infrastructure;
- “Bird-of-a-Feather” (BoF) sessions with thematic group discussions ;
- A session on the Sci-GaIA directions of development;
- A Workshop on the identification of possible synergies with similar projects like TANDEM, MAGIC and AfricaConnect2.
The first day will include the above-mentioned sessions, while the second day will propose tutorials and demonstrations on science gateways, repositories and other applications.
This Open Science workshop is organised by UbuntuNet with the support of all Sci-GaIA project partners.
For information on the Sci-GaIA Project, please visit www.sci-gaia.eu.