- This event has passed.
International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia
November 25 - November 28
The International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM) is a leading annual international conference, which provides a forum for presenting the latest research results on mobile and ubiquitous multimedia. The conference brings together experts from both academia and industry for a fruitful exchange of ideas and discussion on future challenges, in a comfortable and effective single-track conference format.
The 17th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM 2018)will be held in Cairo, Egypt, November 25 – November 28, 2018. It is organized by the German University in Cairo, Egypt.
In addition to the peer-reviewed accepted papers, the conference program will include keynote presentations, posters, demos and a video track. The conference will also have a co-located doctoral school. The technical program will be complemented by several social events to facilitate informal discussions and networking among the conference attendees and invited guests.
Conference topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality systems and applications
- Architectures, systems, algorithms and other constructions tackling relevant technical challenges
- Case studies, field trials, or user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Conceptualizations and theorizations of the field
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and measures for evaluating and testing mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Novel applications for mobile and ubiquitous gaming, entertainment, networking, advertising, etc.
- Social and privacy implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development environments for building mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- User interfaces, interaction design and interaction techniques for mobile and ubiquitous systems
Conference organizers are very happy to announce the possibility to apply for financial
support to participate in the International Conference on Mobile and
Ubiquitous Multimedia, held in Cairo, Egypt, November 25 – November
28, 2018 and organized by the German University in Cairo, Egypt. This
financial support has been made available through means of the German
Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Federal Ministry of Education and
Research (BMBF) within the framework of the DAAD-BMBF-funding project
“Sustainable Research Cooperation with the German University in Cairo
(GUC)”. This funding project is administered at Ulm University.
The fund will cover the following *costs*:
1. Travel costs up to an amount of 400,00 €
2. Accommodation costs in Cairo for a maximum of 5 nights (up to
3. Reduced conference fees of up to 200,00 €
Please note that the costs of accommodation and the conference fees are
directly covered by us. However, the travel costs are reimbursed later
*Who is eligible?*
The fund is aiming to enable young academics from and currently based in* developing
countries of the Middle East and Africa* to participate in the MUM
conference 2018. Preference will be given to doctoral candidates and
Postdocs, yet applications of young professors are welcome as well.
Applicants for the fund should have an active role in the conference such
as presenting their work.
*How to apply?*
All interested candidates should hand in a funding application containing
the following documents:
1. Fill the online application form from: (
2. CV (or link to personal website containing a CV)
3. Letter of recommendation from your home institution (i.e. by your
supervisor, dean of your faculty)
4. Short letter of statement explaining the role of the application in
the conference and as well as the academic benefits from the participation
(max. one page)
All the documents should be emailed to: [email protected] with the
subject: *MUM18 Travel Grant – Your name.*Application deadline is on* 4th
of October 2018.*
A special committee including the general chairs and the program chairs of
the MUM 2018 conference as well as a representative from Ulm University
will be deciding on all received funding applications. All applications
will be reviewed based on qualification of the applicant, relevance and
quality of the contribution to the conference as well as the benefits of
the conference participation for the applicant.
For any questions with regards to your participation and the conference
itself, please refer to the general chairs Prof. Dr. Florian Alt and Prof.
Dr. Slim Abdennadher ([email protected]). For any questions regarding
the fund and reimbursement procedures, please contact Dr. Laura Ryseck ([email protected]).